Curtis Brown Creative runs a monthly writing competition on Twitter – it happens on the first Thursday of every month, join in and potentially win a free place on one of our six-week online writing courses. Here’s how to play …
On the first Thursday of every month we post one writing tip and one writing task on Twitter and in our CBC blog. The tip is a delicate pearl of wisdom to help you in your novel-writing. The task requires you to do a nifty bit of writing in under 280 characters. (#WriteCBC takes a summer break for the month of August.)
Each month the tip and task come from a special guest – this could be one of our creative writing tutors, a literary agent from Curtis Brown or C&W, a publisher, or one of our published alumni.
The tip and task are tweeted at 11 am (UK-time) – and are also posted in our blog, where you can get some extra writing advice to help you with the task.
To take part – just have a go at the day’s task, and post the results up on Twitter – tagging @cbcreative, and including the hashtag #WriteCBC
The competition closes at 10 am (UK-time) the next morning – Friday. We choose a winner and two runners-up, and tweet and post the results in our blog at 11 am (UK-time).
The winner gets a free place on one of our 6-week online courses for all-comers (worth £200). The two runners-up get a £50 discount off the price of one of the 6-week online courses. (See below).
Easy? Well, let’s just see …
A few rules …
- Only one entry per person per month, please.
- Over-18s only.
- This one’s just on Twitter – there isn’t another way of taking part. Sorry to anyone who doesn’t use it and doesn’t want to – we’ll do something else that’s non-Twitter soon.
- Winner and discount winners and the overall winner get to choose between Starting to Write Your Novel, Write to the End of Your Novel, Edit & Pitch Your Novel, Writing a Memoir – Or, you can use your discount on one of our 6-week online picture book courses: Illustrating a Children’s Picture Book or Writing a Children’s Picture Book.
- If you’re in receipt of more than one discount offer, you can only trade in one per course enrolment.
- Discounts and free place valid only on courses running in 2019.
- If a winner has already paid and enrolled on one of the applicable courses (yet to run), we will refund the £200 fee/discount (as relevant).
- If a winner or runner-up has already taken all relevant courses, they may gift their discount or full fee (as relevant) to another writer.